Complaint Process

Complaints from Students in SARA Jurisdictions

Utah Tech University (UT) encourages students and prospective students initially to address complaints relating to UT institutional policies and consumer protection issues with personnel in the office, department or college that caused the alleged grievance.   If this does not resolve the situation, the student will follow the formal complaint process found in UT Policy 552, section 6.2.  Students can file a state authorization/professional licensure complaint by sending an email to with the following information:

  • Name
  • Digital ID
  • Student email
  • Phone number
  • Details about the complaint.

If UT does not resolve the complaint, students may file a complaint with the Utah Board of Regents at The Board of Regents will only consider complaints that were previously unresolved by the institution and may refer a complaint to another agency for investigation.

Students also may file a complaint with their home jurisdiction’s SARA portal agency, using the current contact information available on the SARA States & Institutions webpage.

Fraud, False Advertising, or Other Deceptive Practices

Student who have complaints against UT relating to fraud, false advertising, or other deceptive practices can file a complaint with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection.

Utah Division of Consumer Protection
160 East 300 East (2nd floor)
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
801-530-6601 or 1-800-721-SAFE

Accreditation Complaints

Students who wish to file a complaint with UT’s accreditation organization may contact the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.

Complaints from Students in California

Students residing in California may file a complaint at the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education Complaints Webpage.

Updated:  7/1/2024


Mark Adkins

Project Manager - State Authorization


Phone: 435-879-4883