CIP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
A program that prepares individuals, under the supervision of physicians and surgical nurses, to maintain, monitor, and enforce the sterile field and adherence to aseptic technique by preoperative, surgical team, and postoperative personnel. Includes instruction in instrument and equipment sterilization and handling, surgical supplies management, wound exposure and closure, surgical computer and robot operation and monitoring, maintenance of hemostasis, and patient and team scrubbing.
Credential Level: 1
Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
- Total tuition and fees required for program completion in normal time: $5,832.00
- Total estimated costs for books and supplies the entire program: $1,725.00
- Total room and board charges for living on campus (for the entire program): $6,559.50
Note: Cost information is based on the 2011 school year. For more information see the Cost of Attendance website.
DEBT AT PROGRAM COMPLETION
- Number of students completing the program: 9
- Total from 9 completed students reported above that are completing without any student loan debt: *
Median Cumulative Debt
- Federal student loan debt: *
- Private loan debt: *
- Institutional financing plan debt: *
Program Completion in Normal Time
- Time in months to complete program (as published in catalog): 18
- Number of credits required to complete program: 44
- Of the 9 students completing the program, * completed the program within the normal time.
- Job placement rate for students who have completed the program: *
- Job placement context: All students who began the program between July 1, 2006 and June 30, 2010 and completed during that time are included in this calculation.
*To protect against personally identifiable information, rates on student cohorts less than 10 students will not be disclosed.